Thursday, February 17, 2011

How Much Is A 1896 Silver Spoon Worth



ACTION / REACTION



February 16, 2011 Last night I discovered with amazement that my FB account has been deactivated after 2 years of operations, hundreds of photos released, thousands of coms left and 650 contacts accumulated. I'm not the first to whom it happens and will no doubt not the last. There is not enough to make it an affair of state, OK.

But until it happens to ME, I had not fully aware of the scourge of Facebook, a real no-go zone, dangerous to individual freedoms because the site is trying by all means to infiltrate into our private lives. It works like a dictatorship. Its members must respect the 10 commandments (see Article 4 of the conditions of use), its updates forced his beatings pub, otherwise such a totalitarian regime, he removes his community dissidents.

That's why the use of pseudonyms is prohibited. It is clearly stated in their terms of use that some 400 million Facebookiens need to be fully transparent.

4. Registration and Account Security

" Facebook users give their real name and real information about them, and we ask you to help ensure that this does not change. "

That's why the FB platform, trying to establish the power it has taken over your life, you are asked to provide proof of identity (!) If you want to reactivate your account. Thus, it can better control its members and has all the elements to find them in case of litigation or simply resell such information to third parties. It is so enormous that some have responded by saying that it was not possible that my account had been hacked. However, disabling my email address has been made by a director of FB. It's just bad luck, because I do not think FB would take me for a formidable spy, and if I used a nickname and openly criticized FB on my "Wall", I am far from alone in doing !

The 10 Commandments "FB:

1. You will not provide false personal information on Facebook, or create an account for another person without their permission.
2. You will not create a single profile.
3. If we delete your account, you do not create another without our permission.
4. You will not use your personal profile commercial purposes (like selling your status updates to an advertiser, for example).
5. You will not use Facebook if you are under 13 years.
6. You will not use Facebook if you need to register with local authorities because of a conviction sexual violence.
7. You will keep your contact information accurate and updated.
8. You do not share your password (or, in the case of developers, your secret key), do let someone access your account or will not do anything that might compromise the security of your account.
9. You will not transfer your account (including the pages or applications that you are the administrator) without first obtaining written permission from us.
10. If you Select a username for your account, we reserve the right to withdraw it if we deem inappropriate (eg where the proprietor of a trademark complaint concerning a username that does not match the name this user's real).

The tone and content are instructive and closely resembles the methods used by cults. This site
list of good reasons to leave FB while providing interesting links. It sends shivers down my back!

I think about a way to divert my current use of my new FB account. This could indeed be removed again as my profile match the requirements much less compared to my previous account. We must not delude ourselves: FB has managed to make it virtually indispensable as it is the only platform today that can quickly exchange news with many contacts and track their daily activities. It is therefore difficult to completely zap FB without "risk" of having virtual desocialization consequences (albeit minor) since many real events, updates, date, activities, meetings themselves, because FB is via the platform greatly affects people. Just look at the time I'm going to make me "reconstruct" a life Facebookien, which passes through the recovery of a large number of contacts, to realize the magnitude of the network!

This account deletion is beneficial for me. There is no question of rebalance on FB photo albums including intellectual property rights are threatened by the very principles of the platform, which is not the case for example for my blog and my Flickr that are reported to ADAGP. In the meantime, what bothers me most is not being able to share my photographic work on this network snapshot, which can also "tag" people on the photos and thereby prevent that I posted a picture of them. I will not completely stop publishing pictures or info, I'll be more selective and that's all! But the idea that FB has removed all traces simply interventions Chrixcel Slashdot on its platform and any personal content they store somewhere without knowing what they will do ... I admit it bothers me ... continued ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment